Since 1969, GuardiaCare Services, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, has been dedicated to guiding individuals and families through the challenges of aging and disability. GuardiaCare has historically played a leading role in elder abuse prevention by developing and implementing unique programs and services for older adults and their families. Throughout our history as a non-profit agency, GuardiaCare Services has established a reputation for integrity, trustworthiness, care and compassion in serving seniors and family members who care for them. GuardiaCare’s programs and services include:
- Guardianship – We serve as legally-appointed guardians to care for and manage the resources of adults who are at risk of neglect, abuse, and/or financial exploitation and are unable to manage their own affairs.
- Financial Management – We serve as representative payees for persons receiving public benefits such as Social Security and provide budgeting and bill-paying to ensure that individuals with limited abilities meet their basic needs and do not become homeless.
- Care Management Services – Our Elder Life Navigator enables seniors to live in the community for as long as possible, with the best quality of life they choose, by providing consultation and guidance to families who are planning for the aging journey with a parent, relative, or friend.
- Power of Attorney – We offer these services for those who do not have a suitable family member to serve as General POA, Durable POA or Medical/Healthcare POA.
- Elder Mediation – We assist families and seniors who are dealing with significant conflict which impacts their quality of life.
The agency is supported through program fees, Medicaid, foundations, government grants (including KIPDA and Metro Louisville), donations, special events and Metro United Way (which provides approximately 10% of our budget).
If you would like to learn more about our services, we invite you to join us for one of our First Friday VIP Luncheons, a complimentary bi-monthly information meeting held on the first Friday of every other month from noon to 1:00 p.m. at our agency. We are located at 215 W. Breckinridge Street in downtown Louisville, near Spalding University and Presentation Academy. Please make a reservation by calling us at (502) 585-9949 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.